Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Birthday

I turned 24 on 6th December 2011, and weeks prior to my birthday I felt a little depressed. I think it's really a combo of many things like: 2011 really sucked for me, then people were talking about how fat I was and I actually took offense, then work was.. hectic because I was new and learning, and yeah, because I was still single. Usually these things don't really bother me because I am happy. I don't need a man to make me happy or make me feel complete, you know those bullshit people write on their S/O (significant other, not son-of)'s Facebook walls. Then I don't really care if I am fat. At least I don't have pimples. At least I have better skin than 75% of normal-weight people. Bukan nak mengejek or menghina.. Baka lah babe. Sorry guys I don't know how to translate. Kidding. Baka means gene. Genetic. Like, my mom didn't really have pimples. So I don't really have pimples. Then my dad...... when he was my age he wouldn't date pimply girls. And yeah only my dad understands why I am shallow. My mom is all beauty-is-on-the-inside....................... What crap. If beauty is really on the inside, then I would be a model like Miranda Kerr.

Okay so anyway.

I didn't really have much to say about my birthday because like I said I felt like crap, then my friends surprised me outside my flat with a cake on my birthday eve, and I felt......... happy. And I felt like I had every single thing I could have asked for in the world and trust me, even though I am shallow I AM NOT OVERBOARD. I don't ask for Gucci or stuff. (I mean, I asked for Prada but I didn't get it, but there's always this year).

I was truly happy and for a little while I felt good about myself. Pictures:



On my actual birthday, we had dinner at Nabin's @ Sultan Gate, then we went for an impromptu karaoke session.

I was actually going to a bar for my birthday but I realized I'd rather spend my 24th with my friends. And no time like my 24th to kick the bottle. Right? Psyche. I drank during New Year's but it was more like 3 sips. 'Cause I don't understand how anyone could fuck a Mojito up but this is another story for another day.

Thanks for making my birthday a special one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment